Pegasus Theatre holds auditions for productions. Watch for casting calls via postings on ChicagoPlays and Theatre-In-Chicago.
Submitting Your Headshot/Resume:
Pegasus maintains headshots and resumes of actors who have either worked with or auditioned for us in the past five years.
To be considered, please follow casting call instructions (e.g., email your headshot and resume [H/R]). If you are already on file with us, please be sure that we have your current information. When you change your contact information, photo or union status, please send an updated H/R including your name, address, preferred contact number, and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you when potential auditions become available, but feel free to check the website for notices.
- Pegasus focuses on new works primarily by and about BIPOC. We love the writer to be involved in all aspects from development, pre-production, rehearsals and engaging with audiences in scheduled talkbacks. Because of this, we give priority to writers that can commit to being in-residence over the process of pre-production, rehearsals and for production events.
If you’d like to be considered, we FIRST encourage you to:
- See one or more of our productions to see the kind of shows we produce, our style and work approach.
- Browse our Production History.
- Invite us to your readings and productions via email@example.com.
- Follow the submission guidelines.
Please email the following two items as a pdf or word doc:
- A SINGLE pdf that contains:
- Brief cover letter
- Playwright bio
- Artist Statement – insight into you (e.g., why you write, what kind of theater you are passionate about)
- A synopsis, no longer than one page
- Character breakdown
- Production history, if any
- A pdf/word of the First 20 pages of your play
- Email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org You’ll receive a confirmation e-mail. If we think your work may fit an upcoming season, we will ask for a full script.
Directors, Designers & Production Staff
We are interested in working with bold, creative, exceptional artists. Production Managers, stage managers, designers, directors, dramaturgs and other technical and production staff looking for a place to be inventive and work in a collaborative process, connect with Pegasus!
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send a copy of your resume and any supporting materials to: